Walk leader training

mikeknipe
The last committee meeting considered the provision of walk leader training. This message is just to start a discussion about what subjects should be included in the training. Anybody who has ideas is invited to post them here - I'm specially interested in responses from members who would be interested in leading walks who doesn't at the moment for whatever reason.
My initial thoughts for subject areas are:

Basic map reading
Creating a walk (..on a map to the reccy)
Group management/admin
Dealing with incidents (suggest getting best practise advice from Teesdale/Weardale MRT)
Mentoring from/shadowing experienced walk leaders.

Write your thoughts here!

Re: Walk leader training

Steve
Great idea...
Although I lead walks could well do with brushing up on some of those skills listed so add my name please

Re: Walk leader training

Grahame_Rose
I can offer up Risk Assessment as another topic.

Re: Walk leader training

mikeknipe
Noted about the risk assessment....    ta..