The place to discuss all things Rambler

bollingerbabe
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Forum moved on 09/02/2017.

The place to discuss all things rambler

bollingerbabe
Administrator
Hello fellow Ramblers and welcome to the all-new discussion forum.

This is the place for you to post any comments, articles, stories, photos - anything you want really.

I hope to see you here soon.

Debbie
Administrator

Re: The place to discuss all things rambler

jackson668
looks good Debbie

Re: The place to discuss all things rambler

bollingerbabe
Administrator
Yes, it's easy to register and post messages, so hopefully we'll get a lot of members using it!

Re: The place to discuss all things rambler

jackson284
Is there anyone interested in taking on the responsibility of Chairperson ,Secretary or Treasurer for the area NYSD .we are in abeyance with the Ramblers because these posts have not been filled, fortunately
David Leyshon is still acting for us as our treasurer. Please reply to Dave Jackson if you are interested.

bus trip to Grassmere

jackson284
Crook ramblers enjoyed a good day out in the lakes, we had three guests join us from Barnard castle ramblers, two stayed in Grasmere to do their own thing and Marie Jenkins joined us on our walk. The walk up Silver How was led by Steve Musgrove, good views and fine weather were the order for the day we returned to Grasmere via the coffin walk!! and enjoyed a few beers /Drinks in the Red Lion before setting of for home. Thanks to Steve and Alison for doing a recce of the walk.

Re: bus trip to Grassmere

bollingerbabe
Administrator
Yes it sounded good but we missed it as we were just coming back from our cruise that day.

crook circular

jackson284
Peter Johnson led a 8.5mile walk from his house to Thornley and back, we had a fine day for this the sun shone and the group followed peter over stiles and Gates !! Alison did a splendid job of herding /controlling cattle so we could all file swiftly past, we had quick repast at Thornley and then headed back to Peters. meanwhile Ann had been slaving over a hot stove to provide us with such delights has home made scones,Apple Pie ,custard tart and many munchy delights. Thanks to peter for the walk and a big thanks to Ann for mouth-watering delightes

hamsterly walk

jackson284
Crook and weardale ramblers would like to thank John and Julie Stephenson for a good day out walking and for their excellent hospitality after the walk.

sunday's walk woodland/copley and swings?

jackson284
17 members set of on Sunday the 5th of February for a walk around Woodland and coply,Led by Kath Wright. The weather slightly over cast, so we did not get the views we were promised, what we did get was plenty of MUD this made the going hard at times and parts of the steel road were more like rivers of mud. We started our walk at woodland and followed lanes and field paths to Copley Via lynesack, we could see the chimney of the old smelt mill but our way was to head for Cowclose Plantation and then uphill on a vague path to pick up what should have been a grassy track (mud ) following this till we reached the old Woodland tramway bearing left we passed the old Cowley Colliery, we turned right at a gateway and headed for House and Home Farm, from here we passed over the tunnel entrance of the Woodland tramway passing brass side where a collie kept us at bay till the owner called him in,on then to fold garth and the track back to woodland. a number of us retreated to the 68 Café for tea and cakes.

P.S. we had stopped at Lynesack for an early lunch in the children's play ground where seats can be found and the young at heart took to playing on the Arial Ropeway. (photos on the club site please)

bus trip to brimham rocks

jackson284
 The trip started well, Gerald made good time to Ripon, Olive and Debbie left us here to go shopping we continued on our way to Studley Royal were six more got of to explore the grounds, the final group made there way to Pateley Bridge .We split up into two groups, Ann, carol, Keith, peter and Jeff went of in search of Yorke's Folly, We marched off up the hill to join the Nidderdale way passing an old church on route. Steve led us through fields along  tracks and passed Lamas. We eventually  arrived at Brimham Rocks and joined the crowds' looking at these unusual rocks the way back was along the river passing through Glasshouses and back to Pateley Bridge is was then that all went wrong Gwen wrongly thought we should have picked them up from Studley Royal at 03-30pm  we had not finished walking till 03-45pm this put Gerald in a flummox and to top it all carol fell ill with severe stomach pains and an ambulance was called
this delayed us further, glad to say after some time the ambulance men allowed carol to get on the bus and we could set of and pick up the rest of the group, there was some  moaning about times and how long they had to wait for this I can only apologise, lessons have been learnt and I will take on board any criticisms aimed at me. Dave Jackson secretary.