More short walks

Mike Knipe
As a by-product of a collaboration with Walk Durham, four additional short walks are available for members in July and August. Each walk will be just over four miles long. All Ramblers are welcome (you don't have to be a Healthwalks participant) - and friendly members of the Ramblers will be a positive boost for these events (!)

The walks are:

Thursday 18 July 2019 10:30 am Dales Centre, Stanhope

Tuesday 23 July 2019 10:30 am Crook Community Leisure Peases West Crook

Tuesday 30 July 2019  10:30 am Willington Health Centre

Tuesday 6 August 2019 10:30 am Bishop Auckland Town Hall

Re: More short walks

bollingerbabe
Administrator
Hmm... so they’re ruling out those of us who get up and go to work all day then...

Ho hum.

Re: More short walks

Mike Knipe
If you want to have some more walks in the evenings or at weekends, Debbie, I expect this
could be considered.  I'm taking your post as an expression of an interest and I would support the idea, subject to leaders being willing and available to do it.

(Not the first time I've be referred to as "they" by the way!)

Re: More short walks

Steve
Sounds like a great initiative for those of us who have the time and we all should try to support

I’ll check my (our diaries) to try to fit in one or two 👍
Let’s hope fellow ramblers see this post and also support where possible....maybe also pass the word on the next few walks
Is there any flyers available we could hand out

Re: More short walks

bollingerbabe
Administrator
@Mike

By "they" I was referring to Walk Durham...

Re: More short walks

Mike Knipe
I'll have a go at a flyer to be available by Sunday's walk. I have my final Wolsingham Wayfarers walk on Sunday, so, unfortunately, I'll miss the scones (I'm not really allowed scones anyway!). I can say we're considering additional weekend/evening short walks and would members support this and ask for leaders and routes. The Crook, Willington and Bishop Auckland routes ar4e all extendable by another mile if required - which provides three potential walks. There needs to be a discussion with Dave as well, in his role as walks secretary.

Re: More short walks

Mike Knipe
OK, fair dooze - it's not their fault, though, it's mine!

Re: More short walks

Steve
Hi everyone - the new mid week walks are now on the website
Shorter walks on Tuesdays and longer more challenging walks wednesdays
One per month led my Mike
Worth a look 🥾🥾🥾🥾

Re: More short walks

Steve
First of the longer walks today from Kirby Stephen up the Nine Standards
Only four of us but a great walk on a dry but nithering day
Very enjoyable .....probably 12 miles so need for red wine and bath for recuperation 😀

Re: More short walks

Mike Knipe
I enjoyed it anyway - a bit close to nightfall and the cows had made a right bugger of the path at one point, although they were very docile... and weren't it cold on the tops?