MIKE KNIPE WALKS

Steve
I’m now beginning to think that Mike is a bit of a sadist when it comes to C&W walk planning
Firstly it was navigation training on Bollihope in the dark and snow ...god it was hard and cold and wet and dark
Then Dodd Fell when we were met by weather more suitable to the arctic....we all got wet through to our undies
The final straw at Reeth on Sunday ....slipped and tripped in the knee deep mud and injured a tendon in my ankle and the doctor says no walking for 6/8 weeks......chance would be a fine thing, another week and I’ll be out and about and hoping to get out on David’s walk around Durham next Sunday

Re: MIKE KNIPE WALKS

bollingerbabe
Administrator
What Mike hasn't told you yet is that "David's walk" refers to David Attenborough (with a few penguins in the background for perspective)

Re: MIKE KNIPE WALKS

Dave jackson

I too, am beginning to think instead of map reading lessons mike should teach us bog snorkelling , and mud swimming
All the same he is teaching us the rudimentary skills of mountain survival all be it from the inside of clouds.
Thanks Mike keep it up.

Re: MIKE KNIPE WALKS

Mike Knipe
So as not to put anybody off, I've deliberately not mentioned the Bad Step on Mallerstang Edge or the Gendarme du Mort on Stanley Moss. Survivors get to watch the frogs mating in the pond.

Re: MIKE KNIPE WALKS

David Jackson

Hi mike I thought you had left the bad step out  but hey ho it should be fun!!