Half Day First Aid for Ramblers

mikeknipe
The Ramblers are proposing to deliver half day first aid courses relevant to people going on guided walks. The aim would be to have one first-aider on every walk, if at all possible. If there's sufficient demand, courses could be held very close to home ( e.g. in Crook)   If you're interested, let us know.

Re: Half Day First Aid for Ramblers

mikeknipe
We've provisionally booked 5 places on a course, depending on where and when it is. There's a chance we might be able to hold the course in Crook.  Places can still be provisionally booked, so , if you think a half day first aid course would be useful, let me know. It's probably a good idea for anybody who is leading walks, I would have thought...... (hint)

Re: Half Day First Aid for Ramblers

KathWright
Good Idea I understand I have been provisionally booked on the course. Kath

Re: Half Day First Aid for Ramblers

Steve
Great idea and the more the merrier for training
Iā€™m sure the course can take up to 12 so we need to pass the word amongst our group

Re: Half Day First Aid for Ramblers

Grahame_Rose
Mike, Ruth and I wish to sign-up. I have a new certificate from May 2019 for the next three years but I would also benefit from any first aid training as I may have not learned a fair percentage the first time around (about 75%).

Re: Half Day First Aid for Ramblers

Mike Knipe
First aid traing is now available at Newcastle on 3 August starting 09:30. Training is free and , apparently, you can reclaim travel expenses. Follow this link to book a place https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/ramblers-3448430213

A course in Darlington is currently being organised and you may wish to wait. No details are available as yet.

Details of course content and FAQ's are detailed on the Ramblers website

Re: Half Day First Aid for Ramblers

Steve
Great news Grahame, Alison and Liz all successfully attended the first aid course in heighington and now are
certified to administer basic first aid amongst our ramblers group šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Re: Further Half Day First Aid for Ramblers in Meadowfield

Mike Knipe
Another free  first aid course for members is now available on 18 October 2019 at the St Johns Ambulance centre, Industrial Estate Meadowfield. To book go to the Ramblers website (copy and paste this:    https://www.ramblers.org.uk/volunteer-zone/support-and-development/first-aid/first-aid-training.aspx?utm_source=Volunteer+newsletter+-+September+2019&utm_campaign=785d8fae56-volunteers-newsletter-sep-2019&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_666c143956-785d8fae56-46770003&mc_cid=785d8fae56&mc_eid=3fa6405815

Or ask me to book a place, but I wont be available from 4 October, so you'd have to do it before then. Details are available on the Ramblers website anyway - search for "First Aid" and click the location on the google map that comes up.

Re: Further Half Day First Aid for Ramblers in Meadowfield

Steve
Another first aider for the group  as Ruth successfully attended a recent session in St Johns Langley moor šŸ‘šŸ‘