Crook and Weardale Ramblers Twitter

mikeknipe
For those who enjoy a tweet our twitter name is
@crookandwearda1

Up to the date of posting, we have 18 followers and about 1500 "impressions" and lots of tweets from other Ramblers groups, Weardale people, general walking and weather stuff and so-on.

Do have a look and follow us if you feel inclined.

Re: Crook and Weardale Ramblers Twitter

Steve
I like it 👍

Re: Crook and Weardale Ramblers Twitter

Mike Knipe
We could do with more Crook/Weardale Ramblers followers - most of or 68 followers are from "other" places.......   twitter search for crookandweardale ramblers....

Re: Crook and Weardale Ramblers Twitter

Steve
I like Twitter in preference to Facebook
BUT I know Debbie had similar issues trying to get our ageing none technical members to use our own www site
I’m not sure how we invigorate but well worth trying to promote as it’s an ideal “real time” forum
Steve

Re: Crook and Weardale Ramblers Twitter

bollingerbabe
Administrator
I don't use either Twitter or Facebook (due mainly to their privacy and ownership of data issues).  Also Twitter only allows a limited number of characters per tweet (140 I believe?)

Personally I think you'll be p***ing into the wind trying to get more people to use it. We've had several AGMS and several discussions (at length) in the past about the photos on the web site and setting up a means to allow people to upload their own photos, and despite my spending some considerable time and effort facilitating this, it's still only Rob who sends any photos - no-one else!

Re: Crook and Weardale Ramblers Twitter

Mike Knipe
It's increased to 500 characters, Debbie. Its more than enough - Twitter has a different impact to Facebook - the audience tends to be National and the impact is very short-term - a day or so at the most - mainly other Ramblers groups and there's been some interesting interchanges of ideas as a result - you won't see these because they're all direct messaging. Facebook tends to be more local and the messages are more permanent and probably more useful as a tool to communicate with members of a group - quite a lot of Ramblers groups use it, plus others such as the Consett hikers, backpackers club etc etc.

On the issue of whether or not we're wetting ourselves , I think it's better to travel in hope rather than not travel at all...

Administrator
I've signed up, so we'll see what happens...

Re: Crook and Weardale Ramblers Twitter

Mike Knipe
I noticed! The shortness  and number of the messages leads to an immediacy - they tend to disappear after a few hours. There's a few keyboard warriors on there , but none so far on our twitter feed. Liberal use of "Mute" or "Block" is useful for anybody you consider to be an eeejit...