CORONAVIRUS 2020

Steve Musgrove
9/10 weeks into lockdown and we’re now gradually seeing signs of relaxation of the rules and more freedom and access around the world and the U.K.
we’ve just been advised by Boris &co that we can now meet in groups of 6 maintaining the 2m social distancing rules. Unfortunately the Ramblers are still advising otherwise and so for insurance purposes we still cannot meet as a ramblers group but could if we saw fit arrange walks in our area amongst friends.
We should maybe wait a week or so then we can maybe have an outdoor committee meeting to decide on the best way forward
The good news about lockdown is we have seen the WhatsApp group set up By Grahame which includes c20 members plus a new Facebook page set up by Mike with a wide group of friends all which allows us to keep in touch with other group members especially those living alone and maybe needing the odd call as a pick me up. It’s good to see members are still walking some doing lots and lots of miles and some great pictures being posted on the new groups. Ive also added Some on our gallery page for posterity when we can look back on 2020 as that point in time when the world stopped for a few months but hopefully we will all pull through and our nations economy will recover
That’s it for now but will add more if lockdown continues or that second wave comes along and puts us all vs k to square one.
Stay safe everyone and see you all soon
Steve
Chairman