BUS TRIPS 2019

Steve
This post was updated on .
Great news the trip to WHITBY had a great take up for our away day for 2019
Thanks to everyone participating in the raffles on the bus run by Alison & liz the club were in slight profit on the day
The Keswick bus trip due 4th May was initially full (29 seats) so we have upgraded to a larger bus and currently have 35 travellers so once again will be cost effective on the day
Thanks to everyone who supports these getaways

KESWICK bus trip 4th May
Again well attended with 35 paying travellers
Weather was dry but cold
10 mile long walk around Derwentwater led by Dennis with 18 walkers
4.5 mile short walk from Threlkeld to Keswick led by Peter and Jeff with 11 walkers
shoppers idled time away in the towns unique and quaint shops and cafes
We met up for a drink and chit chat at weatherspoons for an hour or so before returning home

SKIPTON bus trip 1st June
27 travellers so slightly down on the previous trip
9.5 mile linear walk along the dales highway led by Mike from Cracoe into SKIPTON
5 mile tow path walk from Gargrave  Into SKIPTON led by Ann & Keith
Indifferent weather with showers all day
Gathered in weatherspoons for a catch up and refreshments

GRASSINGTON bus trip
To be added

KENDAL bus trip 3rd August
33 travellers - 1 no show on the day
11 miles long walk led by Dave Balmer - 16 walkers
5 miles short walk by Mike Knipe - 6 walkers
11 shoppers
Both groups set off together for the first couple of miles up Grunswick scar from the town
The short group travelled through barrowfield wood and back to Kendal the long group walked to scouse scar and excellent views over to Morecambe bay in the distance around to brigghouse and back to Kendal via the riverside
Great weather (hot at times) and back to Wetherspoons for refreshments and pizza

Re: BUS TRIPS 2019

bollingerbabe
Administrator
Only two weeks until the Kendal bus trip on 3rd August.

Do we have any details yet for me to put on the web site?

Re: BUS TRIPS 2019

Mike Knipe
I'm leading the short walk - I suspect this coincides with the long walk for a bit although I can't actually confirm that. here's hoping they let Lucky The Dog on the bus, otherwise, the short walk will be to the Ring O' Bells....

Re: BUS TRIPS 2019

Steve
Got the GREEN light from Weardale coaches for Lucky to attend as previous 👍

Re: BUS TRIPS 2019

Steve
HADRIANS WALL & HEXHAM
28 Paying travellers
4 shoppers to Hexham
14 short walkers from The Sill to Housesteads led by Steve
10 long walkers led by Alison on the quite challenging section of the wall from Walltown craggs to Housesteads
Peter and Ann met walkers at Housesteads with tea / coffee / biscuits before the group headed off to Chollerford to The George hotel or Riverside cafe for refreshments prior to heading home
This was the last bus trip of 2019 and thanks to everyone for supporting each of the trips