A66 Northern Trans-Pennine project - provision for walkers

A66 Northern Trans-Pennine project - provision for walkers

Mike Knipe
I've received the consultation documents for the upgrade of the full length of the A66 to a dual carriageway and the redesign of several junctions. We're being asked if we have any views on the proposals. Clearly, the A66 is not within our Group's area (but some of it is within Barnard Castle's area and other group's areas to the East, so this is probably more relevant to an Area Council (which we haven't got at the moment) However, if anybody is interested in the proposed upgrades and would like to see the documents, let me know and I'll email a copy. It's best viewed on screen as it's a big pdf and has lots of colour pictures of traffic which will use up much ink!
If, having seen it, you have any comments relevant to pedestrian use, let me have them and I'll pass them on to the appropriate authorities.